Please review these affiliate marketing requirements and recommendations before joining Rakuten Advertising and getting started with your affiliate marketing efforts.
On our road map to success for publishers, there are several phases. Ideally, the first few steps in Phase I below should be completed before you join Rakuten Advertising. Preparing your business plan and your website in advance will help ensure your success in affiliate marketing. You should develop a regular, daily following or consistent monthly traffic to your website first. This is an exciting, fast-growing and changing area of e-commerce that will require your time and attention. Detailed guidance about how to complete these steps is outside the scope of the service we currently provide. However, we realize these initial steps are critical to your success. Below are some of the many resources available to help you.
Phase I: Build your site, your business model, branding, following, and website traffic
- Choose your market niche & focus
- Determine your business model & plan
- Build your website, blog, or custom social media site with original, quality content and add to it frequently
- Generate traffic to your site & build your audience
- Understand basic affiliate marketing monetization & how it fits your site
Phase II - Become a Rakuten Advertising Publisher
- Review the requirements & recommendations for new publishers
- Join Rakuten Advertising & set up your account
- Decide which advertiser products to promote
- Build partnerships with advertisers
- Get affiliate links for your site
- Promote affiliate products on your website
- Provide transparency & compliance to terms
- Track earnings & manage your affiliate program
Phase III - Grow your program and your revenue
Once you've registered (it's free) and have been accepted, you'll find more resources in the Help Center to help you with the rest of the steps in the road map. In addition, there are some resources you can use immediately, including our Customer Support team for technical support, and Publisher Newsletters.