How do I generate traffic to my website & build my audience?
At Rakuten Affiliate Network we understand that to be successful in your affiliate marketing efforts, there are several foundational steps you need to accomplish first. One of these steps is to generate regular traffic to your website and build an audience for your content. While guidance on this step is outside the scope of the services we currently provide, we can certainly point you to some additional resources to explore to help you with traffic generation.
Here are a few tips from some of the many respected experts in this field:
- Provide unique value in your content - give searchers and your site visitors a reason to visit and return to your site rather than the competition's site. Watch this short video clip from SEOmoz Whiteboard Friday to learn how.
- Remove unnecessary steps & win more links, shares, and conversions - the easier you make it for your site visitors to get to your desired action (such as clicking on an affiliate link or filling out an email subscription form), the more likely they will be to do it. Watch this short video clip from SEOmoz Whiteboard Friday for more details.
- 39 actionable ideas for driving traffic to your website - how to increase website traffic is one of the most common questions we receive from publishers. Read this Forbes.com article for some great tips.
- 13 ethical ways to increase your site's search traffic - you have some great things to say and wonderful advertiser products to promote, but you need to get customers to your website to make the magic happen. Read these tips from successful entrepreneurs in Mashable.com.
- Leverage blogging, Twitter, email marketing, YouTube, MeetUp.com perks, LinkedIn applications, podcasting, StumbleUpon, Facebook ads, SEO (search engine optimization) for organic traffic, and other tools - read more about how one affiliate expert, Shawn Collins drives website traffic in his book, "Extra Money Answer: How to Create, Promote and Monetize an Affiliate Site", chapter 7.
- Learn all you can about SEO from the experts, including Bruce Clay, who said, "It is not the job of search engine optimization to make a pig fly. It is the job of SEO to genetically re-engineer the website so that it becomes an eagle...Search engines want to show the "best" results possible — the most relevant, most expert and highest quality web pages that will satisfy the searcher. To do this, the engines look at more than 200 factors to determine a site's relevance to a search request." Learn how in this free SEO Tutorial from BruceClay.com.
Still have more questions? Use the SUPPORT tab at the top of the page or this link to find the email or phone Customer Support contacts for your location.