You must SIGN IN (below right) with your publisher account credentials to see all help articles and to make full use of Search. You can log in to your publisher dashboard here and select "Login" > "Affiliate Publisher". If you are not already registered as a publisher SIGN UP now -- it's free!

Publisher Help Center

What is an employer identification number (EIN) and do I need one?

Per the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), "An Employer Identification Number (EIN) is also known as a Federal Tax Identification Number, and is used to identify a business entity."

Publishers holding business accounts may be required to provide an EIN for tax purposes. Please consult with a legal or accounting resource and visit the IRS page on EINs.

There are three ways to get an EIN:

  • Online at the IRS website: Your EIN will be issued once the application information is validated.
  • By telephone at 1-800-829-4933 from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. in the local time zone.
  • By mailing or faxing Form SS-4, "Application for Employer Identification Number," to the IRS. 

Still have more questions? Use the SUPPORT tab at the top of the page or this link to find the email or phone Customer Support contacts for your location.

Was this article helpful?
2 out of 9 found this helpful

Please leave us a comment below and let us know how we can make this article more helpful.