Publishers who wish to promote advertisers (brands) in Rakuten Advertising must comply with the terms and conditions of the Rakuten Advertising Publisher Membership Agreement.
Summary of changes (EFFECTIVE January 1, 2020):
Rakuten Advertising has revised its Publisher Membership Agreement (“PMA”) and has consolidated parts of our agreement. The PMA and updated Network Policies and Guidelines will be effective at 5:00 p.m. (EST) on January 1, 2020 (“Effective Date”).
You can find the revised agreement at https://rakutenmarketing.com/legal-notices/publisher-membership-agreement and a summary of the major revisions to the PMA, below:
- Because there are emerging laws and regulations that use varying terminology (e.g., personally identifiable information, personal information, personal data), we made a global change to create a definition using the term “Personal Data” to generally address this type of protected information.
PrivacySection 7.5 – We have added language to ensure that both you and we are meeting the notice and opt-out requirements needed to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act.
Rakuten Marketing has revised its Publisher Membership Agreement (“PMA”) and has consolidated parts of our agreement. The PMA and updated Network Policies and Guidelines will be effective at 5:00 p.m. (EST) on May 25, 2018 (“Effective Date”). You can find the revised agreement at https://rakutenmarketing.com/legal-notices/summary-changes-publisher-membership-agreement.html and a summary of the major revisions to the PMA, below:
• Global changes around when an engagement is with a Network Advertiser or when Rakuten Marketing will be running the engagements directly on behalf of a Network Advertiser.
• Privacy Section 7.2 and 7.3– We’ve added some language to ensure we’re meeting the requirements needed for you to be in compliance with all privacy and data security laws, rules and regulations applicable to you in any regions in which you do business. These do include the self-regulatory rules and their guidelines.
• Section 13 – We’ve added some language clarifying that Rakuten Marketing is sometimes acting as the principle for an Advertiser where they choose to not be listed directly in the network.
• New Data Processing Addendum for GDPR compliance covering the requirements under the regulations including: Rakuten Marketing as an independent controller and that we will export data to the US pursuant to our Binding Corporate Rules.
Hope that is helpful! Please contact Customer Support if you have questions.
This article has been updated with the summary of changes to the Publisher Membership Agreement, effective January 1, 2020 with particular focus on the new CCPA requirements. Please read more details online. Hope that is helpful!
Please sign in to leave a comment.