Step-by-Step Guide to Publisher Sign-Up (or Registration)
Follow these 10 simple steps to sign up as a publisher and start earning money from your website. When you're finished, check out our Quick Start Guide to getting your new affiliate program going fast.
Signing up (registering) as a Rakuten Advertising publisher is free and you'll have the opportunity to earn money online from your website, email marketing, and social media promotions! Review these affiliate marketing requirements and recommendations before joining the Rakuten Affiliate Network and getting started with your affiliate marketing efforts.
In the steps that follow, we will ask you to enter some information about yourself, your business, and your website. In just 5 to 10 minutes you’ll have completed the first step toward using Rakuten Advertising affiliate network to earn money with your website. After your application has been reviewed and approved (usually within a couple of business days), you'll receive a welcome email with instructions on how to get started. Your account will automatically opt into all the international networks for which you are eligible so you can work with advertisers globally.
Our interface supports all major browsers. For more information, see specifics about browser settings.
You can follow along on the Publisher Registration page.
- Start by selecting the Country in which your business is located.
- Select a Legal Entity Type
- You should consult with your accountant and legal team on this. For a definition of each type, please see What legal entity type should I select?
- Enter your Business Name
- This must not exceed 60 characters.
- Choose the Tax Form
- If your business is in the US, a W-9 will be preselected. If your business is in another country, you’ll have a few forms to choose from.
- NOTE: You do not need to send your tax form to Rakuten Advertising. During the registration process, we ask you to enter your company name and income tax identification information (social security number or employer identification number in the US) so that you do not have to submit a physical document.
- For more information on these forms, please see Publisher Tax Information.
- Businesses based in the United States must enter a Social Security Number (for an individual or sole proprietor tax identification) or an IRS Employer ID Number (EIN).
- Both of these are 9-digit numbers. Please enter them without dashes or spaces. We are is required to collect this information for tax purposes. This field is optional for businesses not based in the United States.
- Enter your Address and Phone number
- Our address can contain up to 40-60 characters on each line and include letters, numbers, symbols, and spaces.
Contact and Account Info
- Enter your Name, Account Email address, Login Email address, and
- The Account Email will be used for emails about new features, releases, products, and external newsletters, etc.
- The Login Email will be the user’s login email.
- Your password must be 8 to 12 characters and include at least 2 numbers and 2 letters.
- Select a Security Question and enter an answer for it.
Primary Website Info
- Enter the name of your Website and the URL, including http://
- Select your Primary Business Model. For definitions of these models, please see What business model should I select?
- Enter the month, day, and year your business was established using the format MM/DD/YYYY.
- Select a range for how many Unique Visitors your site gets a month and for the number of Page Views you get a month.
- Provide a Short Description of your website. You can include a URL to link to your Sell Sheet on your website or elsewhere for advertisers to download.
- If you want to know more about what your website information is used for, please see What is my website information used for?
- Select the Primary Category that your business fits into. You can select up to three.
Your Customer Demographic
- Select the Gender and Age range of your customers. Note: you may select more than one age range.
- Enter the amount of commissions you would like to trigger a payment. The amount must be at least the minimum payment threshold for your country of residence. Please do not include decimals, spaces, commas, or currency symbols in the field. The minimum is 50 USD, CAD, GBP, EUR, and AUD for all payments.
- The publisher dashboard and the email communications we send to you are currently available in eight languages: English (U.S.), Spanish, French, German, Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), and Korean. Please select your preference here.
- Check the boxes if you’d like to receive the Rakuten Advertising newsletters and be notified of new promotions offered by advertisers.
- Review the entire global publisher Membership Agreement. Be sure you scroll down to the bottom of the document.
- If you agree to the terms, click the boxes to indicate this. Also, click to confirm you are 18 years of age or older. You will be automatically opted-in to all international advertiser networks for which you are eligible.
- Lastly, you will need to read the Information Certification. If it is all true, type your name in the Signature field and click Continue.
If you receive an error message here, please see sign-up troubleshooting.
- You’ll receive an email from us asking you to validate your email address. Simply click the link and your email address will be validated. If you don’t receive an email from us, please be sure that your spam software is set to accept email from @rakuten.com and @linkshare.com. For more on validating your email, please see Validating Your Email Address.
After you submit your completed application, it will be reviewed by our team. When it's approved (usually within a couple of business days) you'll receive a welcome email with instructions for you to follow to get started with Rakuten Advertising.
When you're finished, check out our Quick Start Guide to learn how to get your new affiliate program going fast.
Still have more questions? Use the SUPPORT tab at the top of the page or this link to find the email or phone Customer Support contacts for your location.