Creating and managing user accounts is only available in the New Publisher Dashboard (beta). The New Publisher Dashboard (beta) is built with automation at its core. You will find that it makes developing partnerships easier than in the Legacy Publisher Dashboard. Take a tour of the new dashboard and consult the New Publisher Dashboard Help Center for more information.
The instructions below will guide you through accessing the user management section of the New Publisher Dashboard (beta).
Account owners can create and manage additional users.
To create or manage a new user:
- In the Legacy Publisher Dashboard, go to My Account in the navigation header and click Users.
- On the Users page, you will see a message indicating that managing user accounts is available in the New Publisher Dashboard (beta):
- Click the Go to new dashboard button. This takes you to the Users page in the New Publisher Dashboard (beta).
If this is your first time accessing the New Publisher Dashboard (beta), clicking the Go to new dashboard button triggers the migration of your data. Learn more about the one-step migration process.
Here are detailed instructions in the New Publisher Dashboard Help Center on how to:
- Add users to your account.
- Manage user permissions. The user roles available in the New Publisher Dashboard (beta) differ from those in the Legacy Publisher Dashboard. See “Available User Roles” below for more information.
- Suspend a user. Note that this is different from removing or deleting a user account.
- Update a user’s information.
- Manage users' access to channels.
Available User Roles
The New Publisher Dashboard (beta) features different user roles from the Legacy Publisher Dashboard. Unlike in the Legacy Publisher Dashboard, these roles cannot be customized.
Currently, there are three available roles:
- Organization Owner also known as master user. If there are more than one Admin-level users in your Legacy Publisher Dashboard account, these users will all be migrated to the master user role in the New Publisher Dashboard (beta). Currently, the master user role cannot be assigned to new or preexisting users in the dashboard. If you need to assign this role, contact Customer Support for assistance.
The differences in access between Legacy roles and the roles available in the New Publisher Dashboard (beta) are as follows:
Legacy Dashboard User Roles and Permissions:
|Permission||Link Maker||Program Manager||Analyst||Admin|
|Apply to/Leave Programs||No||No||No||Yes|
My Account (View/Edit)
New Publisher Dashboard (beta) User Roles and Permissions:
|Apply to/Leave Programs||No||Yes||Yes|
|Read/Compose Messages||Not applicable**|
|My Account (View/Edit)||No||Limited***||Yes|
*Users can only access Performance Reports.
**There is no internal email in the New Publisher Dashboard (beta).
***Admins have limited access to the Account page.